The WindsorEssex Small Business Centre offers a variety of resources and programs to promote entrepreneurship as a viable career option and is committed to supporting the entrepreneurial spirit and skills of students and young adults through initiatives such as:
- Summer Company
- Canadian Youth Business Foundation
Create your own summer job, get hands-on business training, and up to $3,000 in awards!
Summer Company is a great opportunity for enterprising young people who want to start and run their own small business. The program provides full time students ages 15-29 with an exciting opportunity to explore entrepreneurship hands on.
Summer Company offers:
- Limited number of awards of up to $3,000 to start up and operate a business
- Hands on business coaching/mentoring
- Business training on subjects relevant to small business entrepreneurs
Applying for Summer Company is a competitive process. Space is limited and the program reaches capacity quickly - apply early! Summer Company is administered by the WindsorEssex Small Business Centre in partnership with the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment.
- Learn more about the Summer Company program.
- Check your eligibility and apply online.
- Review program guidelines.
- Summer Company success stories.
- Summer Company yearbooks.
Canadian Youth Business Foundation
Turn you great business idea into a successful business!
The Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) is a national charitable not-for-profit organization that provides start-up financing up to $15,000, mentoring and educational resources that empower young Canadians 18-39 to start and grow businesses.
For more information:
Visit www.cybf.ca or call 519-253-6900
Click here to book a classroom presentation for your students on these programs or on an entrepreneurial topic you feel would compliment your curriculum.